Friday, July 22, 2016

Nvidia Officially Announces the Pascal Titan X - Available August 2



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y02kptTItj8
(click pic for product video)



I'll wait to see the benchmarks, but these specs show about a 34% gaming performance improvement over the GTX 1080. If this monster can run games like the Witcher 3 with Ultra settings at a solid 4K/60fps (i7 OC'd to 4.4Ghz, 32GB DDR3 2400MHz) then it's time for me to upgrade. And I'd splurge for the AIO water-cooled version since I'll want see how much headroom there is to push the boost clock past 1531MHz.

This move to 16nm is actually very exciting for graphic performance. We've been on 28nm for so long that I don't remember that last time there was such a huge performance jump between GPU chip tech, which used to be the norm 4-5 years ago. At least this has allowed Nvidia to dramatically improve their efficiencies that they can hopefully apply to their future cards.


No comments: